Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Success Happens

I will never forget the day I went to a large event, I was in a different company at the time. I met Dr. Tom Barrett, and it was a day that ultimately changed my life forever. Now, I’m not sitting here at the ‘top’ of any company, an expert by no means…but I have had the privilege of growing into who I am today, so I can lead like a ‘Rockstar‘. Some of us take more time than others to ‘get it’ and learn to earn…the hard way. I would be ‘one of those’ :)
That day, I walked up to Mr. Barrett to get his book signed “Success Happens”. The last member of my ‘team’ had quit and left me attending this event alone (five hours from home). A team of one. Dismayed & not sure what to say, I shared my story and this is what he wrote in my book…Valoree-You are MY hero! Dream, Focus and Win..signed Tom Barrett.

Really? All I remember is thinking, “WOW, he believes in me.”
Today, I see other people believing in me…but the main one is ME, I believe in me. Now that is powerful.
Yesterday a similar situation occurred. My direct upline quit…you know that dirty four letter word.  I HAVE learned that people quit. LOL.  They say they won’t, but they do. More than most of us want to admit as individuals, teams and company’s. I have committed two years in my current company. I love the products, people, education, encouragement, recognition…I could go on and on.
Tenacity.
Committment.
Fun.
Growth (in other ways besides numbers).
Healthly Lifestyle
 All of these come to mind. My WHY is strong and I am seeing my dreams come to fruition. MY dreams, not somebody elses. One thing I have learned over the past few years is you have to do things that are best for you. If you do not take care of yourself, you cannot be there for those whom you want to help.  We all have to make decisions and the only one that can make the best ones for you, IS YOU. You are the one that will have to live with them.
I wish my friend the best and understand she is making decisions for herself and the best for her family. She brought me into this business of network marketing over 8 years ago. My life would not have been the same otherwise and I am thankful for her. It does make me sad, not to be directly working with her in ‘my’ company of heart, Dynamaxx, but we will remain friends and work together in other endeavors. Two people, two different life goals…that’s all it means. Rock on my friend.  XOXO


www.dynamaxx.com/maxxsynergy

No comments:

Post a Comment