Sunday, July 29, 2012

Comfort Zone?

How many of us 'like' to be UNCOMFORTABLE? I would say, not alot. Most of us would rather sit back, relax & watch the world go by...this is so much easier. Instead of taking up for what we believe in & sometimes even 'doing what is right, because it's the right thing to do'! Let me take you through a couple of scenerio's and maybe you'll start thinking a bit differently.

My son is over in Afganistan right now, in >120 degree weather, out in the middle of no-where, sand, wind, little contact with us over in the US & an occasional spit bath with a baby wipe. Now, when I was scrubbing my bathroom floor, whining the other day...I caught myself pretty quick, reminding myself of him over there, WITHOUT even a bathroom to USE! We SO take for granted what we have. I have nice cool or warm running water for a shower (that I can take anytime I want to), a toilet (in the air-conditioning) in which I can (well you know), a sink, toothpaste, a toothbrush, deoderant, a brush, a robe, nice clean towels, a bathtub to take a good soak, etc....ALL while my son is over defending my rights to have the freedoms I have here. And YES, he didn't HAVE to sign up, it WAS his choice...but he did it because he wanted to do it. He was moving out of his comfort zone & for a good darn reason. He didn't choose to take the 'easy way out' or maybe the more comfortable road. He's standing for something he takes pride in and is willing to risk everything.

What about those entrepreneurs? I have to say, I am one of 'those' people. Why would someone like me, who has a Master's Degree in Nursing, an un-endless source of jobs available, & the ability to make a 'comfortable' living...QUIT working for someone else to totally move out of my element into the world of the unknown? I'll tell you why...because comfortable for ME was a DANGEROUS place.

I found myself in a codependent, unhealthy relationship. In jobs where I was the low man on the totem pole, working my rear off for someone else's dreams. Living paycheck to paycheck, in ridiculous debt. Knowing I needed to do something NOW, or how was I going to take care of myself, much less my older family members in the future? Running on the treadmill of life...sad about the past & worried about the future. And MOST importantly...not fulfilling the PURPOSE that God has for my life.

It was time to live in the PRESENT & get out of my comfort zone SO I could enjoy my life & share with as many people as possible 'something' that might touch their lives & give them hope again....no matter what they have been through.

It's hard to believe someone would purposefully PUT themselves out there...and make themselves get out of their comfort zone. BUT it is those people who make huge impacts...one person at a time.

So more on this later...practice getting out of YOUR comfort zone...it's pretty cool out here...:)

Valoree.com

No comments:

Post a Comment