Thursday, July 26, 2012

Need a laugh?



     Sometimes don't we feel this way? Constantly trying to manage our weight, intake, exercise, etc? As an Integrative Health coach, I have learned to approach each person individually. I myself have been through many 'diets' trying to find 'the one' that will ultimately get me where I have wanted to go. Unfortuneatly, in truth, there is no quick fix or fad that will get you there. Each person is different & will have to the realization that discipline & work will come into play. I struggled for years eating any way that I wanted & trying to beat the calories with exercise. Nope. Didn't work. I have tried at least 20 different 'diets' that promised to eliminate that excess baggage & make me bikini ready by summer....Nope. That didn't work either. The only thing that had a LASTING effect and helped me slim down & keep it off, was consistent small changes over time (in a positive healthy direction), that I did & still do on a daily basis.
      Now I have to say, T-I-M-E is a four letter word in my book. I have learned to appreciate it & understand it is for my own good. Most things don't come to us overnight...I mean, didn't it take me 40 years to pack on the extra 50 lbs I was carrying around? Once you discover that if you make small changes (that you can put on your calendar & do consistently... THIS will move you in the way you want to go. Just like going to McDonalds day in and day out.. for that small burger, fries, apple pie & DP added up over the years! 
     It is never too late to take your health seriously. This is one of the best ways you can love yourself. Taking care of YOU first. Most people wait until an unfortuneate health incident BEFORE even looking at dietary, exercise, sleep or stress patterns. Also, many people feel it is an all or nothing situation. We are not patient people. Instant gratification is high on our list.           What I do as a health coach is offer simple, sound ideas for incorporating healthy living into others daily lives. Sometimes all we need is a little accountability to give us the right start. I personally have coaches for my own accountabilty in my weight loss journey, business, finances etc. We ALL need this at times and feel empowered to take our own health into our hands. 
     Come on over to Valoree.com & visit. Sign up for my free mini health assessment and let's get you on the road to better health!

No comments:

Post a Comment